I thought I’d celebrate the Year of the Tiger by making the boys some t-shirts! I have designed a free tiger striped font for you to download and use on your own projects.
Quick View of What You'll Find on This Page
Striped Fonts — Tiger or Zebra Alphabet Letters
If you put an orange background behind this free striped font, as I’ve done on the boys’ t-shirts, it works brilliantly as a tiger striped font.
But if you leave it with a white background, it miraculously transforms into zebra striped letters!
Tiger Stripe Letters For You To Use
My free tiger stripe alphabet set is really versatile, as I’ve created the whole alphabet; both uppercase and lowercase letters.
I always think that animal print designs — for both fashion or interiors — always add a little bit of cool. And an extra dimension.
I’ve created some leopard print LOVE letters (that you can also download for free) and made a cushion cover with them.
Perhaps I’ll create a full alphabet for that too! Let me know if you could use them in the comments below.
Ideas For Projects To Make With This Free Tiger Print Alphabet
- Easy Tiger T Shirt
- Papercut Words and Letters
- Tiger Themed Party Banners
- Detroit Tigers Decor
- Birthday Tiger Cards
- Tiger Decorations for Home
- Leicester Tigers Banner
- Wall Decals
- Tiger and Jungle Party Decorations
- Scrapbooking Pages
- Wild Thing T Shirt
How To Get Free Tiger Striped SVG Files
Getting hold of your free tiger striped SVG and PNG files is so simple! Just click the image below and follow the steps.
How To Make a Wild Thing T Shirt on Cricut
- Heat Transfer Vinyl — I used orange and black
- T Shirt
- Free Tiger Striped Font SVG PNG File
- Cricut Maker
- Iron (or heat press)
- Baking Parchment (or Teflon sheet)
- Weeding Tool
- First download my Free Tiger Striped Font SVG PNG Files Then create your design using the tiger striped font. You can do this directly in the Cricut Design Space — or using programs such as Photoshop or Canva.
- Import your design into Cricut Design Space. Reduce/increase the file size to suit your project. Mirror the file! If you're using the file with heat transfer vinyl, make sure you choose 'Mirror' otherwise the file will cut back to front.
- If you're creating a layered vinyl design, as I have done, cut your solid colour first; then carefully weed the excess vinyl.
- Lay the vinyl lettering right way up on the t-shirt, put baking parchment or Teflon sheet on top and — using your iron (at its highest heat with no steam) then carefully press over the vinyl. Or use a Cricut Easypress if you have one.
- Leave the letters to cool before peeling off the backing sheet.
- Next, cut the tiger striped letters and carefully weed them out.
- Lay the tiger striped font letters over the top of the solid letters
- Then repeat step 4; press the vinyl in place with your iron or Easypress.
- Step back and admire your creation!
Fingers crossed that’s right!
Whether or not you believe in Western Astrology — and star-signs; or Chinese Astrology and horoscopes; one things for sure, I think we’re all crossing our fingers that 2022 is going to be a calmer, happier year.
How To Get Free Tiger Striped PNG Files
It’s really simple to get your free tiger striped PNG and SVG files. Just click the image below and follow the steps. I’ve created a full set of uppercase and lowercase letters; both SVG and PNG formats.
Separate letters, plus a full page alphabet.
2022 Year Of The Tiger
After a turbulent couple of years, I think that everybody is hoping that 2022 Year of The Tiger is going to be happy and positive.
Caro Davies is a former art-director turned writer and content-creator, and editor behind UK lifestyle blog The Listed Home. She writes about home-related topics, from interiors and DIY to food and craft. The Listed Home has been featured in various publications, including Ideal Home, Grazia, and Homes & Antiques magazines.