With the weather turning warmer — and the Covid-19 lockdown in full swing — I raided our pantry on the weekend and, as a result, have come up with an alternative to my homemade Mini Milk ice lollies; creamy Caramel Ice Lollies.
They’re such a delicious alternative; sweet, creamy and very moreish.
But, best of all, as with the homemade Mini Milk ice lollies, these creamy caramel ice lollies are made with just 2 ingredients.
Quick View of What You'll Find on This Page
A Simple Recipe for Creamy Caramel Ice Lollies
For 6 Lollies
You will need:
150ml Carnation Cook with Caramel (similar Dulche De Leche would probably work just as well, but this is what we had in the cupboard!)
400ml fresh semi skimmed milk (when I used whole milk, the lollies crystallised — semi seems to stay nice and smooth)
1. Whisk the caramel together with the semi-skimmed milk.
2. Pour into lolly moulds. Mine are these stainless steel lolly moulds from Amazon.
3. Freeze for around 6 hours — I tend to leave mine overnight.
4. Bob’s your uncle — creamy caramel ice lollies. Such a lovely texture and just the right amount of sweetness.
A lovely sweet treat on a hot day.
Print or Pin for Later
- 150ml Carnation Cook with Caramel (similar Dulche De Leche would probably work just as well)
- 400ml fresh semi skimmed milk
- Whisk the caramel together with the semi-skimmed milk.
- Pour into lolly moulds. Mine are these stainless steel lolly moulds from Amazon.
- Freeze for around 6 hours — I tend to leave mine overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
Semi skimmed milk seems to work better than whole milk. When I used whole milk, the ice crystallised — semi-skimmed seems to stay nice and smooth and gives the lollies a smooth consistency .
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 109Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 6mgSodium 151mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 0gSugar 23gProtein 3g
Calculations was calculated by Nutritionix and is approximate